Sains dan Masyarakat
Philips J. Vermonte
Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- Direktur Eksekutif
Philips Vermonte is now the Executive Director of Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) Indonesia (since January 2016). He completed his doctoral study on Comparative Politics at Department of Political Science, Northern Illinois University in the U.S., funded by Fulbright scholarship. He earned his Master of Arts degree in International Studies from Politics Department, the University of Adelaide in Australia, funded by the Australian Development Scholarship (ADS). He completed his Bachelor of Arts degree in International Relations from Department of International Relations, Faculty of Social and Political Science, Padjajaran University in Indonesia.
His research interest include comparative politics, voting behavior, electoral politics and political parties in Indonesia. He is the principal investigator of public opinion surveys that CSIS has been routinely conducting since 2012 twice a year. Currently, he serves his second term (2020-2025) as Chairman of the Indonesian Pollsters Association (Persepi). He is also Member of the Indonesian Young Academy of Sciences (ALMI).
He established CSIS’ Disaster Management Research Unit (DMRU) in 2018 and since then has led and supervised the unit’s research activities. The DMRU is focusing on disaster-related research and policy analyses in Indonesia, and closely engaging with various stakeholders in disaster management in the country and beyond.
- Vermonte, Philips J., Wicaksono, T.Y. Karakteristik dan Persebaran COVID-19 di Indonesia: Temuan Awal (Characteristics of the Spread of COVID-19 in Indonesia: Early Findings), CSIS Commentaries DMRU-043-ID, April 2020.
- Vermonte, Philips J., Damuri, Y.R., Muhibat S. Enhancing International and Regional Cooperation to Mitigate the Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic: A View From Indonesia published in “The Challenges of Global Governance Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic: Paper Series” (Council on Foreign Relations: New York, 2020).
- Vermonte, P. J., Perkasa, V. D., Fachrizal, N., & Satria, A. (2020). Gerakan ‘Hibrida’aksi Bela Islam.
- Vermonte, Philips J. Managing the superpower transition [online]. East Asia Forum Quarterly, Vol. 10, No. 1, Jan-Mar 2018: 15-16.
- Vermonte, P., McCarthy, J., & White, H. (2018). The Jakarta switch. Australian Foreign Affairs, (4), 117.
- Perilaku Memilih
- Politik Luar Negeri
- Riset Kebencanaan